Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Get my daughter out of nighttime pull-ups

My daughter has been potty trained for a long time now, but she still wears a pull-up diaper for naps and bedtime.  I admit that part of that is due to the fact that I just don't want to deal with all the yucky sheets.

Unfortunately, I think wearing a diaper to bed is affecting her potty training skills.  It seems as though she holds it all in and goes to the bathroom less frequently because she knows if she waits long enough, I will put a pull-up on her and she can just use that instead of the bathroom.

Uggh!

So, I need to stop being lazy, and help her get out of those diapers once and for all.

I honestly can't really think of a lot of sub-goals for this one...hmmmm...
  • Don't buy any more pull-ups
  • Make sure that there are always clean sheets available, in case she needs them
  • Really show her what a wonderful job she has done when she wakes up dry
  • Don't get upset if she has an accident in her bed

Well, look at that, I did come up with some sub-goals.

How did you help your children with their nighttime potty training?

1 comment:

Denton said...

Full time potty training... sounds scary!

Post a Comment

So...what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...