Friday, December 24, 2010

Make a quilt for each of my children

When I was about 8-years-old, my mom made quilts for all the children in our family.  I love that quilt.  I still have it, 20 years later.  It's falling apart, though.

So, I want to make some quilts for my children too.  (Plus it helps to have extra blankets in case one of the kids has an accident in bed, or something like that.)

About a week and a half ago, or maybe two weeks, I decided to make a quilt for my daughter for Christmas.  I went to the fabric store and starting looking around, but then I stopped and realized I was crazy to think that I would have time to make a quilt before Christmas.

So, this year, I'm going to make quilts for my two children.

I need to:
  • Decide which patterns to use
  • Decide on the color schemes
  • Purchase fabric and other supplies
  • Cut, cut, cut
  • Sew, sew, sew

Do you like to sew?  Have you ever made a quilt?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...