When I was pregnant with my daughter, I gained a whopping 50 pounds Now, some of that was water weight. I remember towards the end, I could poke my ankle and it would leave a mark. Kinda weird. Well, after she was born, 30 of those pounds just melted off...but the other 20 pounds and I became quite attached to one another.
So, why do I want to lose 40 pounds instead of just the 20 pounds I gained with my daughter? Well, when she was about 12 months old, I found out that I was pregnant with my son. I gained a whopping 50 pounds again. Now, some of that was water weight. I remember towards the end...etc., etc. You get the idea, I gained a beautiful baby boy and 20 more pounds.
My son is now 18 months old and I am 40 pounds overweight. It's about time I did something about it.
This year, in order to lose 40 lbs., I am going to:
- Eat at least 2 fruits and veggies each day (I know, I know, you're supposed to eat 5 a day, but since some days I don't even get one, I think this is the place to start.)
- Walk (and eventually run) 3 times each week
- Keep track of my caloric intake
- Run around with my children more
- Learn more about correct portion sizes and then implement that information into my diet
- Research weight lifting and figure out a good program, or some good exercises, to include in my workout schedule at least 2 times each week