Growing up, I had chores to do every day, so I know how to do the housework. The problem I have is that when I am cleaning up, it seems like my children are just following me around undoing everything that I have done.
After we clean up the toys, I sweep the floor. By the time I'm done sweeping, my son has already dumped the toy box out. So, we clean up the toys again. Then it's time for lunch. By the time lunch is over, the floor needs to be swept again because there are crumbs and food all over the floor.
It is SO frustrating!!!
I know I could wait until the kids are having naps or something to clean the house, but that's when I get a chance to take a break and work on my own projects.
Do you ever feel like no matter how hard you try to keep your house looking nice it just doesn't matter?
Well, in 2011, I am really going to try to make my house a home. I'm going to:
- Help my children clean up their toys before they have naps or go to bed
- Put the dishes directly in the dishwasher
- Fold and put away laundry as soon as it comes out of the dryer
- Vacuum every other day (It probably needs it every day, but I'm sticking with every other day for now.)
- Sweep every other day (For now)
- Encourage my husband to take out the trash and clean the bathrooms regularly
- Start giving the kids their own chores to take care of (They are getting some child-size cleaning supplies for Christmas.)
How do you keep on top of your housework? What is your least favorite chore?